The Rise of the Histamines
Let me just say it- POLLEN SUCKS. It’s great for the bees and the plants and butterflies and whatever- but for you and me and all other humans… no thanks.
My car is literally coated in green.
Anyway, most people are afflicted with allergies. And while doctors normally prescribe pharmaceuticals like antihistamines, they’re not good for your body and may actually make allergy symptoms worse.
So I’ve compiled a bomb list for natural remedies, that can only help your body heal!
Wave Goodbye To Seasonal/Environmental Threats!
- Eat an Anti-Inflammatory Diet-
- Lots of fresh leafy greens, veggies, and fruit.
- Add in garlic! Natural antibiotic and immune booster. For most powerful, eat it raw
- Lemons are amazing at detoxing the body and keeping it ‘alkaline’ (in balance)
- Take Probiotics-
- Everyone has bacteria in their gut, but most people have way more bad bacteria than good bacteria. A really good soil based probiotic (like these) helps rebalance the gut, which really increases your immune system and decreases allergies!
- Eat Local Raw Honey-
- This may sound counterintuitive, but it’s hella not. By taking a daily dose of this, your body will natural build up a tolerance to the local pollen! It is recommended you take 1 TBS daily, whether in tea, oatmeal, smoothies, etc. Remember though- it has to be raw and local, if it has been heated up you will lose the potency, and if it’s not local you won’t be building up your immune system against the local pollen. Check your local farmers market!
- Use a Neti Pot-
- Frankincense Essential Oil-
- You didn’t think i would go a whole post without mentioning the King of Essential Oils, did you?
- Frankincense boosts the immune system, reduces inflammation, and heals the entire body. You can rub it (diluted) onto chest, or diffuse in your home, or take a couple drops under your tongue daily. (i only use Doterra’s Frankincense because it is the highest quality out there! Many essential oils are cheap and full of fillers, they will actually cause harm to your body! Check out more here)
- Drink Stinging Nettle Tea-
- This is a remedy that dates back to medieval times..!
- It can treat a wide rage of health concerns, and naturally controls histamines which is why it’s so great for allergies! (check it out here)
- Doterra’s TriEase Softgels Seasonal Blend–
- “TriEase Softgels were developed to protect against seasonal and environmental elements and to promote a healthy respiratory system when needed most. Each softgel contains equal parts of Lemon, Lavender, and Peppermint essential oils, known for their ability to maintain clear breathing and a healthy immune response when combined together.”
- You can purchase these through my site on Doterra! Which is linked here. ***If you wish to get more involved with oils, have questions, or wish to become a member and save 20% on each order plus earn points towards future orders- let me know! Send me an email or DM me on my Instagram @awellspringoflife!**
- Drink lots of water, sleep 8 hours a night, don’t eat sugar, processed foods, dairy, or conventional grains.
I’m telling you, if you incorporate just a couple of these into your daily life you will see a difference!
Comment below if you’ve had any experience with these natural remedies!
**this post contains affiliate links, but it comes at no extra charge to you! It just helps support me and my blog when you purchase items through that link 🙂 )**