Hippie’s Skin Care
Now, now, don’t get all crazy on me. I’m not here taking a stand on the cannabis movement, I’m just trying to tell you about this really awesome, light, highly absorbable, non-comedogenic oil. For my fellow ladies out there who break out easily or have oily skin- this is the oil for you. I have used Hemp Oil for years so I’m pretty much an expert.
“Hemp oil or hempseed oil is obtained by pressing hemp seeds. Cold pressed, unrefined hemp oil is dark to clear light green in color, with a nutty flavor.” Wikipedia
Unlike cannabis oil, Hemp Oil only contains trace amounts of THC so it won’t alter your state of mind or anything. just your skin.
Benefits of Hemp Seed Oil for Skin
- Hemp Oil has the ability to penetrate the inner layers of the skin, promoting healthy cell growth.
- The fats/lipids contained in hemp oil are actually extremely similar to the ones found in our own skin, making it a super effective moisturizer. Because it absorbs so easily, it beefs up the protecting agent our skin needs.
- Increases elasticity, giving that beautiful glow to dull, dry, tired skin.
- Will reduce redness from irritation caused from acne and psoriasis.
- Helps eliminate oily skin by effectively bringing the skin back to balance.
- It contains a wide variety of supplements; vitamin A, vitamin E, potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc, calcium and phosphorous.
- Super high in antioxidants, which slows down aging and cell damage.
How to Use Hemp Seed Oil for Skin
Oil Cleanser: I have found that Hemp oil is a great oil cleanser on it’s own. I pour a little bit into my hand and rub it in tiny circles with my fingers all over my face. I then put a hot washcloth over my face, steam for a bit, then repeat the whole process. Then follow up with your typical routine.
Skin Moisturizer: Yes it is a miraculous oil for moisturizing, but I have found through experience that this pretty green machine will STAIN. clothes, pillowcases, sheets, covers, etc. I don’t recommend using this alone.
TIPS: Hemp Oil is a sensitive one, so it needs to be kept in the fridge. For best quality, buy organic, unrefined, cold pressed. Like this one.
I encourage you to hop on that Hemp train!