We all thought highlighter has been poppin’ since 2014… but way back in the 1500’s they were using it. So you know it’s a product you need to be usin’. Highlighter gives you that added glow, and defines some of your best features (eyes, cheekbones, etc.) Like all makeup though, you gotta be careful with the ingredients. Back in the day people were using toxic ingredients, but we should know better now.
There are natural highlighters made with perfect ingredients, like this one. But yo girl likes to save money and stretch her creative fingers.
Alright my beauty babes, let’s get to work.
Star Dust Luminizer
(this will make about 3 containers, perfect for gifts)
- 2 tsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Almond Oil
- 1 TBS Beeswax Pellets (they melt way faster in this form)
- 1-2 tsp Golden Mica (or) Silver Mica (depending if you want a warm or cool toned highlighter)
- 3 .25 oz Glass Jar
- Make a Double Broiler or Fill A Medium Sized Pot 1/2 Way Full With Water
- Place a Glass Pyrex Measuring Cup In the Pot
- Combine All Ingredients In The Pyrex And Heat Over Medium Heat Until Melted
- Stir Periodically To Keep Everything Well Mixed
- Once Melted, Pour Into Jar.
- Continue To Stir As Everything Hardens To Stay Mixed
And that’s it! Slightly warm up with finger tips and apply to upper cheeks, brow bones, inner eyes, right above upper lip, and maybe even all over your lid! It really adds such a lovely, youthful glow to your face. If you haven’t discovered the magic of highlighters.. I HIGHLY recommend you try this one!
(If you prefer keeping your makeup super sanitary, you can apply the highlighter with beauty blender or brush!)
If you do make this lovely highlighter, take a photo on instagram and tag me! @awellspringoflife
I’d love to see your lovely glowing face ❤