I’ve Met My Match(a)
If you follow me on instagram, and more specifically my stories, you know I have routines. Things I like to do daily to give me a sense of solidarity and peace. I do not do well with not having at least some kind of consistency in my life. (I’m always that person who HAS to know the plan…. which I “guess” can get kind of obnoxious..? Meh)
Something I always need in my day is big fat delicious matcha latte. Even though it’s not snowing or freezing here in Florida (sorry northern folks), I still find such comfort from a creamy warm beverage. Not to mention it’s bustin’ out the ying yang with nutritional benefits. Here’s a secret though *Some days I don’t add the matcha because my level of cortisol is super high so I don’t need any more “jump” to my system.** But I still want that yummy drink.
BUT before I give you the keys to matcha heaven in the form of a recipe, lemme just give you some of the benefits this drink can offer:
Benefits of Matcha:
- Packed with POWERFUL Antioxidants (20xs more than blueberries!!)
- Boosts Metabolism and Burns Calories (aka weight loss if you need it)
- Naturally Detoxifies
- Calms the Mind, Relaxes Body, Aids in Concentration (monks would use this to aid them in meditation; “relaxed alertedness”)
- Rich in Fiber, Chlorophyll and Vitamins
- Provides Vitamin C, Selenium, Chromium, Zinc and Magnesium (the modern american diet is HIGHLY lacking in these)
- Prevents Disease (the antioxidants & vitamins keeps your body in tiptop shape)
- Lowers Cholesterol and Blood Sugar
Benefits of Cinnamon:
- High Source of Antioxidant
- Balances Blood Sugar
- Anti-inflammatory Properties
- Aids in Heart Health
- Helps Brain Function
- Fights Infections and Viruses
- Protects Dental Health
Benefits of Coconut Manna:
- Great Source of Fat
- Rich in Lauric Acid (boosts immune system)
- Boosts Metabolism
- Increases Energy
- Contains Essential Amino Acids, Calcium, and Magnesium
Benefits of Ashwagandha (ancient medicinal herb):
- Reduces Blood Sugar Levels
- Balances Hormones (both men and women)
- Reduces Inflammation
- Anti-Cancer Properties
- Reduce Stress and Anxiety
- Reduce Symptoms of Depression
- Reduce Cortisol Levels
- Lowers Cholesterol and Triglycerides
- Improves Brain Function (including memory)
Benefits of Collagen:
- Improves Skin and Hair
- Helps Heal Leaky Gut.
- Reduces Joint Pains and Degeneration
- Aids in Cardiovascular Health.
- Increases Metabolism, Muscle Mass and Energy
- Strengthens Nails, Hair and Teeth
Benefits of Water:
- (ha you should by now that water is pretty much life so I’m not gonna list all of the benefits of water)
ALRIGHT. jeez I feel like I just talked a ton without taking a breath. Imma take a breath now.
okay, so here’s what you’ve been waiting for: I present to you, I entrust you with THE KEYS.
Matcha Latte Recipe
- 12 oz Hot Water
- 1 TBS Coconut Manna/Butter
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Matcha
- 1 scoop Collagen (BEST collagen I’ve ever found)
- 1/2 tsp Ashwagandha
- Heat water in kettle, but do not boil
- Add all powders to a blender.
- Once hot enough, add water to blender and blend away!
- I usually blend for about 20 seconds, but you can go more or less depending on how much froth you want.
- Pour into your prettiest, most favorite mug.
- Sip away and feel your body thanking you.
**YO DON’T GO YET. Vital Proteins now offers a bomb product that combines matcha AND collagen in one product! With additional coconut water powder which is SO good for hydration. Check it Here!**
alright, imma go make one for myself now! (seriously)