No, this isn’t a “diary” full of secrets and first kisses and boys and drama.. that’s another thing entirely. This is a journal that is solely dedicated to your health and symptoms that you experience day to day. I know it sounds kind of unnecessary and a waste of time, but in order for you to really maximize your health, you need to prioritize it. Once you fall into the habit, it’s no big deal, and you’ll be so happy you started!
Benefits Of A Health Journal
- When you write down your symptoms you begin to notice patterns which will give you a deeper insight into what your body is doing and how to address it.
- Journaling will help you realize how much of an affect your food/exercise has on your mood/energy/motivation/sleep, etc.
- It may uncover hormonal issues of which you were previously unaware.
- Helps you notice if you have certain food allergies/sensitivities. (always bloated after a certain snack? Something isn’t agreeing with you.)
- Allows to you build a better health routine; if you don’t record what you’re currently doing, how can you make it better?
- When you’re keeping yourself accountable for your health decisions, it will help keep you from falling into a rut or backsliding.
- You will be able to clearly notice how much progress you have made since you implemented certain changes, which is extremely motivating and exciting.
I really love having a health journal. I also write down questions or theories I have, which I can later research on my own or bring to my doctor when I visit her. Plus this gives you a great excuse for picking out a new pretty journal. (And I’ll be honest with you, I’m always looking for pretty journals.) Do you think a health journal is something you’re willing to try? Do you have any experience from using a health journal? Let me know!
Help yourself become a WellSpring of Life